Saturday, July 28, 2018

I am....

This most recent adventure has been a really amazing journey and opportunity to re-ground myself and understanding who I am.... I recently spent some time just sitting, thinking, and writing - contemplating who I am and who I want to be.... How do I want to be seen. After spending about an hour writing all of the words that came to mind when I thought about who I am and want to be - I felt very content, it's not all pretty and easy and nice - there is complexity and negatives included - but I felt grounded and centered and peaceful. I like this activity because it forces me to quiet myself and think deeply about who I am and how I want to be, and want to be seen. I also love visualizing it in multiple ways - as a reminder to accept those darker pieces, build compassion for myself, and to enjoy and celebrate all of the parts.
What words come to mind when thinking about yourself? How do you see yourself and want others to see you? What would your word portrait look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment